We just got done reading an article published at Eonline and it was pretty staggering. According to the website, men and women all over the country are spending lots of money on making themselves look younger and feel better about themselves. From plastic surgery all the way down to the minimally evasive treatments.
Per the article, and according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, cosmetic surgeries and procedures are common place and actually on the rise.
Check out some of these numbers and facts-
- 16 million cosmetic procedures were done in 2014
- The cost of those cosmetic procedures for Americans was $12.9 BILLION
- 92% of the procedures were performed on females
- Breast Augmentation was the #1 cosmetic surgery procedure of the group
The list is 10 facts long, and you can read the entire article here…but here’s the thing that stuck out to us:
- Almost 7 million people conduct minimally-invasive procedures such as microdermabrasion. That is a lot of people, going to a lot of spas and dermatologists, and spending lots and lots of time and money getting their microderm treatments.
When you start putting all of these numbers together, you can do basic math and it looks like this:
Home Microdermabrasion is Small Money Compared to “Luxurious Spas”
That’s a LOT of money spent on microdermabrasion. And why? We don’t get it. You can do it from the comfort of your own home with a very affordable home microdermabrasion machine like the ones that we review here for a fraction of the cost. That’s why wrote up a cost analysis page in the first place. To show people how much money and time they can save by going with a home machine and treatment policy!
Save yourself the time and the money! Get a microdermabrasion machine, follow the directions, and get professional level treatment in as little as 5 to 20 minutes per day.
Here are some more fun facts from the article:
- The major players for cosmetic procedures are women between the ages of 40 and 54. This makes sense, right? These are the women who are fighting to look their best and keep looking their best. It’s around that age that they might find themselves needing a little help to keep up with Father Time.
- Although the above age group may fit the bill for procedures, there were also 224,00 cosmetic procedures that were conducted on teenagers in 2014! Now, out of 16 million, 224k may seem like a small drop in the bucket but that’s still a lot.
Still, we can’t fathom why mothers and older, female role models wouldn’t advise young ladies to own their own microdermabrasion machine or the house and save the money and time. Heck, a mother/daughter team could use the same machine and compound the savings.